Need help with your child's education?
MACS has partnered up with Blind Children UK to offer our members the chance to access a range of educational support and associated services via a specific MACS referral route.
The team at Blind Children UK is very experienced in providing educational support and advice and has recently expanded giving them even more scope to assist MACS members across the UK as well as their own.
Many MACS members need educational support from nursery through to university and will benefit greatly from access to the Blind Children UK team.
How to access services:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief summary of the issue at hand and preferred method of contact. This information will be passed on to Blind Children UK who will be in touch to assist you within five working days.
2. Call the Blind Children UK Support Line directly on 0800 781 1444 stating clearly that you are a MACS member. Hazel Russell, Family Support Co-ordinator, is your first point of contact.
You will receive:
· access to telephone advice and support on any issues related to all stages of 0-18 education and further/ higher education, plus direct advocacy where appropriate
· information on children’s educational rights and signposting to the relevant local services
· information about new legislation and its impact on children
· access to assistance and advice in completing applications or appeals and direct assistance in tribunal cases
· onward referrals to a range of other Blind Children UK services if required, such as habilitation.